Recipe by Candace Michelle
This soup is almost like a puree, other than the chicken pieces. To make it extra creamy, add the sour cream at the end with each individual serving.
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup green onion, sliced
- 3 1⁄2 cups tortilla chips, divided (Doritos work well too)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree tomatoes, garlic, onion, and 1 1/2 cups chips until fine.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, add puree and simmer about 20 minutes.
- Add red pepper flakes, paprika, cumin, and broth. Bring to a boil then add chicken and simmer 20 more minutes.
- Serve with sour cream!