Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
delicious and different approach to mexican food
Make and share this creamy chicken tomatillo tostadas/tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 lb tomatillo, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup pale lager beer
- 2 medium canned chipotle chiles, stemmed and seeded
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1⁄2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 lb shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, tenders preferred,otherwise,slice chicken into strips
- 8 hard taco shells (you can also fry 8 corn tortillas in a pan for great fresh tostadas)
- preheat oven to 200 puree tomatillos, beer, garlic, vinegar, sugar, oregano, veg oil, salt, and chiptoles in blender heat olive oil in large skillet over med-high heat season chicken with salt and pepper cook until done and keep warm in oven pour oil out of pan and return pan to stove add butter and melt add puree and cream to pan, stirring until mixture thickens, about 8 min.
- remove from heat toss chicken and cheese in sauce, mix well, and top the tostadas or stuff the tacos.