Recipe by Girl from India
From a series of cookbooks compiled by the master chefs of India. I found a recipe of the same name on the site but found the ingredients and method totally different so I decided to post.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
This was a treat done on the bbq. The meat was very tender and the marinade had permeated every bit making every bite succulent. I did a bit of fusion and wrapped the chicken tikka in pita bread and added the coriander and tomato slices to that, along with a bit of chopped green onion and a squeeze of lemon. It made for a marvelous sandwich. Thanks Fay.
- 1 kg chicken breast, cubed into big pcs
- 4 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 60 g cheddar cheese, grated (4 tblsp)
- 8 green chilies, deseeded and chopped really fine
- 4 teaspoons coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- oil or butter, for basting
- coriander (to garnish)
- tomatoes (to garnish)
- lemon (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate the chicken cubes with ginger-garlic paste, salt and white pepper for 15 mins.
- Mix well together the beaten egg, cheese, green chillies, coriander, mace-nutmeg powder, cornflour and cream Add this to the chicken and marinate for 3 hours more atleast Skewer the chicken cubes 2 cm apart and roast in a preheated oven at 137C/275 F oven/ grill/ tandoor for 5-8 mins.
- Hang the skewers for 3-5 mins to drain, brush with oil and roast again for 3 mins Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander, tomato slices and lemon wedges.
- For any marinade that's left over I normally freeze and reuse for paneer (cottage cheese) tikkas, or add to scrabled egg the next morning or even use in a chicken casserole the next day. I hate to throw it out!! And this does not only go for this marinade but marinade for any tikka recipe. If there is no egg and cream in it I thicken it and serve at the side like a sauce.
- Edited recipe thanks to Latchy's review and my apologies to Latchy!!!