Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
like this recipe because i just have to marinate the chicken before hand & cook it so for me it is ideal for dinner parties. and the smoky flavour n aroma is an additional bonus.
- 1 kg chicken, with bone, cut into medium size pieces
- 2 teaspoons green chilies, made into a paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon msg
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 8 tablespoons yogurt
- 8 tablespoons cream
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 ounces oil
- marinate the chicken pieces in all the ingredients & leave for atleast 1 hr or over night.
- put in a pan & cook on low heat for 30-60 minutes, the gravy would have thickened by now.
- now leave a piece of coal directly on the flame of the stove to heat till it is almost white hot.
- pick this piece of coal with a pair of tongs n put in the middle of the creamy chicken tikka, n pour 2 oz of oil on the coal, it will immidiately start to smoke, so quickly cover with a tight lid & leave till the smoke dies down, about 10 minutes.
- discard the coal piece.
absolutely beautiful..family loved it thanx!