1/1 Photo of Creamy Chicken Tequila Pasta
Sandy in Houston's Note:
This chicken and rich sauce is a perfect match with fresh spinach fettuccini. We have crusty rolls on the side to mop up the sauce, its so delcious that you don't want to leave any on your plate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil, divided
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- cooked pasta
- 1Combine chicken and soy sauce in a bowl and chill until needed.
- 2Heat 1 tsp oil in skillet over medium heat; add onion and peppers and stir cook until onion softens.
- 3Remove from pan and save.
- 4In the same skillet over medium heat, heat remaining oil and add cilantro, garlic and jalapeno and stir cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken stock, tequila and lime juice. Bring to a boil and cook until liquid has evaporated (5 to 7 minutes).
- 5Add chicken and soy sauce mixture and cream to skillet. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Lower heat and cook until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thick (7 to 10 minutes).
- 6Stir in onion and peppers.
- 7Serve over cooked pasta of your choice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken Tequila Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.2
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 148.2 mg
- Sodium 896.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 30.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: