1/1 Photo of Creamy Chicken Taco Soup
8 hrs 20 mins
This is a creamy version of taco soup. Using cheap bone in chicken thighs and a crock pot make this a cheap and easy way to feed your family. I've put in the rice as optional. I always have pre-cooked rice in the freezer and it made a great addition, but this soup is also good on its own. The spice is on the mild side for my family. If you like hot, use hot taco seasoning or add hot sauce at the table. Add a salad and a nice piece of cornbread and dinner is served.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, bone-in
- 14 ounces chicken broth, canned (or homemade)
- 10 ounces beer
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 onion, medium, diced
- 15 ounces black beans, canned, drained and rinsed
- 10 ounces Rotel Tomatoes, with chilies
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes, canned
- 1 ounce taco seasoning mix, 1 pkg
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese, cubed
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked (optional)
- tortilla chips, crushed (optional)
- cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1Remove skin and visible fat from chicken thighs. Place in crock pot with broth, beer, celery and onion.
- 2Cook on high 2 hours or till chicken is done. Remove chicken from crock-pot and allow to cool. Remove bones from chicken thighs and chop meat to desired size. Add diced chicken back to broth in crock-pot. This step can be done ahead of time and refrigerated overnight. Then in the morning, skim off fat collected on top and allow crock to sit for 30 mins at room temp before turning on and adding other ingredients.
- 3Add beans, tomatoes, and taco seasoning package. Return crock-pot to low for up to 8 hours or high for as little as two hours.
- 430 mins before serving add cream cheese to crock-pot and put on high. Stir well before serving, breaking up large pieces with back of spoon. If you are adding rice, do so now and allow to heat thru for a few minutes.
- 5Top with crushed chips and cheese.
Browse Our Top Equipment Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Equipment Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken Taco Soup
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.0
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 97.7 mg
- Sodium 675.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 30.5 g