Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are terrific! If I could rate something I myself shared on RZ then this would get 5 stars!! Great for leftover chicken and OAMC.
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce (Kittencal's Italian Tomato Pasta Sauce and Parmesan Meatballs)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced (Vidalia works best here)
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup ham, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- salt and pepper
- 6 large red bell peppers, tops cut off and reserved, seeds removed
- Pour the sauce into a ovenproof casserole dish that will hold peppers.
- Melt the butter and a large skillet over med-high heat.
- Add the onion and saute until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to med-low and add the chicken, ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, ham, Parmesan cheese and cream.
- Simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce is reduced by half.
- Stir in parsley, salt and pepper.
- Let the filling cool.
- Stuff the peppers with the filling and arrange them on the sauce in the dish. Cover the peppers with the reserved tops.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Allow the peppers to come to room temperature.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the filling is bubbly and the peppers are softened.