1 hr 20 mins
These are terrific! If I could rate something I myself shared on RZ then this would get 5 stars!! Great for leftover chicken and OAMC.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce (Kittencal's Italian Tomato Pasta Sauce and Parmesan Meatballs)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup onion, minced (Vidalia works best here)
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup ham, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- salt and pepper
- 6 large red bell peppers, tops cut off and reserved, seeds removed
- 1Pour the sauce into a ovenproof casserole dish that will hold peppers.
- 2Melt the butter and a large skillet over med-high heat.
- 3Add the onion and saute until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- 4Reduce heat to med-low and add the chicken, ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, ham, Parmesan cheese and cream.
- 5Simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce is reduced by half.
- 6Stir in parsley, salt and pepper.
- 7Let the filling cool.
- 8Stuff the peppers with the filling and arrange them on the sauce in the dish. Cover the peppers with the reserved tops.
- 9Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
- 10Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 11Allow the peppers to come to room temperature.
- 12Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the filling is bubbly and the peppers are softened.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken- Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 776.5
- Calories from Fat 499
- Total Fat 55.5 g
- Saturated Fat 31.1 g
- Cholesterol 172.1 mg
- Sodium 1827.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 33.7 g
- Protein 24.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: