Just like the popular beef version, but with chicken! Came up with this one night when my boyfriend was tired of our usual meals...he asked for beef stroganoff, chicken was what was defrosted so I made it with that. Has become a favorite! I like to make it with shells cause they really hold the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put a large pot of water on high heat to boil. Add pasta and cook to box's directions once boiling.
- 2While water is boiling/pasta is cooking: heat oil in a large skillet and add onion.
- 3Saute for 2-3 minutes until the onion begins to become translucent.
- 4Add chicken and garlic, raise heat to medium high and cook until chicken starts to brown.
- 5Push mixture to one side of the pan. In the empty side, add butter and melt. Add flour and cook for 1 minute to make a roux.
- 6Carefully whisk in chicken broth. Bring to a simmer. Sauce should begin to thicken due to the roux.
- 7Add the sour cream and mix thorougly.
- 8Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Mix with, or serve over pasta. Serve with French bread and salad for a deliciously easy meal.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (508 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1171.6
- Calories from Fat 414
- Total Fat 46.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 150.9 mg
- Sodium 271.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 128.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 59.6 g