Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Just like the popular beef version, but with chicken! Came up with this one night when my boyfriend was tired of our usual meals...he asked for beef stroganoff, chicken was what was defrosted so I made it with that. Has become a favorite! I like to make it with shells cause they really hold the sauce.
- Put a large pot of water on high heat to boil. Add pasta and cook to box's directions once boiling.
- While water is boiling/pasta is cooking: heat oil in a large skillet and add onion.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes until the onion begins to become translucent.
- Add chicken and garlic, raise heat to medium high and cook until chicken starts to brown.
- Push mixture to one side of the pan. In the empty side, add butter and melt. Add flour and cook for 1 minute to make a roux.
- Carefully whisk in chicken broth. Bring to a simmer. Sauce should begin to thicken due to the roux.
- Add the sour cream and mix thorougly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix with, or serve over pasta. Serve with French bread and salad for a deliciously easy meal.