Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very simple and light, but so good. Easy dinner to throw together, and you can use any vegetables you happen to have on hand.
- 8 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 small carrots, thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 8 -10 black olives, sliced thinly (optional)
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, sliced into very small pieces (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) packageuncooked angel hair pasta
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated mozzarella cheese, for topping (optional)
- In a large non-skillet, saute the chicken.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the vegetables and cook until they are tender.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Drain, cover and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter or margarine and blend in flour.
- Gradually stir in the chicken broth and half-and-half.
- Cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add garlic salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Blend in the mozzarella and cheddar and continue heating, stirring constantly, until the cheeses melt.
- Stir in the chicken/vegetable mixture and heat thoroughly.
- Toss with the cooked pasta and top with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.