Recipe by Erica_Hildebrand
Very simple and light, but so good. Easy dinner to throw together, and you can use any vegetables you happen to have on hand.
- 8 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 small carrots, thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 8 -10 black olives, sliced thinly (optional)
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, sliced into very small pieces (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) packageuncooked angel hair pasta
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated mozzarella cheese, for topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large non-skillet, saute the chicken.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the vegetables and cook until they are tender.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Drain, cover and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter or margarine and blend in flour.
- Gradually stir in the chicken broth and half-and-half.
- Cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add garlic salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Blend in the mozzarella and cheddar and continue heating, stirring constantly, until the cheeses melt.
- Stir in the chicken/vegetable mixture and heat thoroughly.
- Toss with the cooked pasta and top with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.