Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an often requested dish. Easy to prepare and tasty.
- 400 g spiral noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 small roma tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fresh basil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in large pan over medium/high heat.
- Add chicken and cook stirring until golden brown, about 3- 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat, add garlic and tomatoes and cook further 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- In a bowl combine sour cream and stock, mix well.
- Add to frying pan with basil and black pepper to taste, reducing heat to low and simmer, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta and add to pan with chicken mixture, olives (if using) and parmesan cheese.
- Toss over low heat until heated through.
It was too dry, and I didn't like the mix of seasonings very much. I had to improvise and throw in 2 cans of mushroom soup diluted in water. :)
Very Good! We all liked this a lot. Didn't change a thing except that I used a bag of veggie "Wacky Mac" (all diiferent shaped pastas)instead of just spirals. I definitely will be making this again. Thanks!
Good chicken! I didn't have any fresh basil so I used parsley and chives. Next time I'll use the basil. I'm hoping for leftovers so I can take it to work for lunch tomorrow.