Recipe by ~Nimz~
This is so rich and creamy with a hint of spice that I think you will enjoy. I've been playing around with it for a couple of weeks and my DD says this is the best. Use a small rotisseri chicken from your grocery store to make this even easier. The flavor of the chicken really works in this recipe. This makes a lot and will not fit into a 9X13 inch pan. This freezes well and left overs are even better. Hope you enjoy.
- 4 -5 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces (I used a small rotisseri chicken and really like the flavor it adds)
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 6 -8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 6 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 12 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained and coated with a little
- olive oil, to prevent sticking
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Queso Quesadilla & Asadero cheese combination)
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can milk (use soup can)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- paprika (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion, peppers and garlic in 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat until tender.
- Add rotel tomatoes, tomato sauce, mushrooms, olives, chicken, basil, oregano, salt and pepper and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Place 1/2 of the spaghetti in a 10x15 inch dish.
- Top with half the meat sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle with 2 cups of Mexican blend cheese.
- Repeat layer of spaghetti and meat sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese then the parmesan cheese.
- Mix soups with milk and water and pour evenly over casserole.
- Sprinkle with paprika to garnish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until heated through and slightly browned on top.
- Enjoy with a salad and garlic french bread.