Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve this chicken with hot cooked pasta and a crusty roll, this is a wonderful chicken dish! An large electric frypan works great to make this chicken dish in.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or white salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- black pepper
- 3 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces (or one whole chicken, cut into pieces, skin on or off)
- oil (for frying)
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 6 -7 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 -3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 -3 tablespoons whipping cream (unwhipped)
- In a plastic bag combine flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add in the chicken pieces one at a time and shake to coat in the flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and brown the chicken for about 8 minutes, turning occasionally; remove and set aside.
- Add in onions, garlic and mushrooms to the skillet; cook about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, and scraping any browned bits from the pan.
- Return the chicken to the pan.
- Add in white wine, broth, basil and thyme; mix to combine, bring to boiling, reduce heat, adding in more salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer for about 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove the chicken from the pan to keep warm.
- Add in whipping cream and Parmesan cheese (if using) stir to combine and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve the sauce over the chicken.