Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A chicken salad that doesn't use mayo...
- 2 (10 ounce) cans canned chicken, drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- garlic powder, to taste
- Drain chicken.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, pepper, worcestershire, onion, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Add drained chicken and mix well.
- Allow to refrigerate for a couple hours to let the flavors develop and the onions soften.
- Serve with crackers or make a sandwich!
MADE FOR PAC, Fall 2009. Didn't change a thing, except we do not have tinned chicken in South Africa. I'd ovenroasted a chicken yesterday, and DH and I both ate a whole leg plus wing each -- and the breast part was left! So that was perfect: I sliced that up. I had to make the recipe a little smaller, as I had only about 12 oz of chicken. I thought the salad would be far too bland, but it was not!!! It was delicious, if a little rich to our taste! I think buttermilk instead of sour cream might work well. In my photos it can be seen that I turned this into a filling starter salad. I do think the recipe as it stands needs some oomph ... maybe a little hot sauce, or sliced sweet peppers, but it can be dressed up in many ways. Thank you for a very good recipe!
Very good..and very creamy. I used lowfat sour cream and cream cheese. Next time I will add different things such as black olives, nuts etc.