Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The original recipe for this chicken salad has been modified to make it healthier. The ingredients are so flavorful that the changes didn't take away from the taste. This a very refreshing salad, and never lasts very long around here, even if the recipe is doubled. I found this recipe in one of my cooking magazines.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup cooked small ring pasta
- 1 cup halved red seedless grapes
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup light whipped topping
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- lettuce leaf (optional)
- In a bowl combine the chicken, pasta, grapes, oranges, celery, almonds and onion.
- In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, whipped topping and salt.
- Add to chicken mixture; stir to coat.
- Serve in a lettuce lied bowl if desired.
Very good and a nice change from your usualy chicken salad. Easy to make. I picked up a rotisserie chicken to make it even easier. We will be making this again. Thanks for posting.