Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an easy soup recipe that the whole family will enjoy. I just realized that I had 1 tsp of pepper listed. I have corrected that issue.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- 3 cups water
- 1 small chicken bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups instant rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- Spray a large put with cooking spray then cook the chicken pieces until no longer pink.
- Add the the rest of the ingredients except the cream, soup, & shredded cheese. Simmer on medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Mix in the cream, soup, & cheese (if using) & continue to simmer on low for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Easy and tasty recipe. I liked the ginger in this recipe. I used Cream of Chicken soup instead of Cream of Mushroom. I did not add the cheese and think it was good without it. I like how easy this recipe is so I will definitely make this again.
I had frozen cooked chicken in the freezer so this made for a quick and easy lunch. I followed the recipe exactly as written. For me this had too much pepper in it and next time I would cut it atleast by half.