Recipe by Abi Grant
This very rich, flavorful soup is my time saving rendition of a soup I had while passing through Amish country in Lexington, Pennsylvania.
Top Review by JEN1WIL
I made this soup on a chilly night and it was delicious!! It was creamy and full of veggies and the flavor was perfect. The kids even ate it peas and all! I will definitely be making this again.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cubed chicken breasts
- 4 cubed potatoes
- 2 stalks sliced celery
- 1⁄2 package Lipton Recipe Secrets savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 1 package frozen peas and carrot
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 package garlic and herb rice mix
- 2 cups cream or 2 cups half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute chicken, potatoes, and celery until potatoes become translucent.
- Sprinkle soup mix and toss until everything is coated.
- Add frozen vegetables, mushroom soup, broth and rice mix, including seasoning packet.
- Simmer over medium low heat until rice is tender.
- Add cream or half and half and heat through.
- Do not allow to boil.