Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe my mother in law makes and I love it!
- 4 cups rice, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 18 ounces cooked chicken
- 8 ounces American cheese
- 16 ounces sour cream
- In a saucepan melt margarine.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add milk, bouillon, seasoned salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat and melt American cheese in mixture.
- Add sour cream, chicken and rice.
- Stir well.
This was very nice for a quick week night meal. I altered the amount of chicken and rice to get to the consistency I wanted. I had to use cheddar cheese as I didn't have American. The seasoning was very good. May play around with this one with some saute mushrooms and maybe onion added. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Fall 2011
We loved this recipe and boy it was very creamy! This is a keeper.