Recipe by StrangeAsAngels
This is a recipe my mother in law makes and I love it!
Top Review by ~Nimz~
This was very nice for a quick week night meal. I altered the amount of chicken and rice to get to the consistency I wanted. I had to use cheddar cheese as I didn't have American. The seasoning was very good. May play around with this one with some saute mushrooms and maybe onion added. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Fall 2011
- 4 cups rice, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 18 ounces cooked chicken
- 8 ounces American cheese
- 16 ounces sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan melt margarine.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add milk, bouillon, seasoned salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat and melt American cheese in mixture.
- Add sour cream, chicken and rice.
- Stir well.