1/1 Photo of *-- Creamy Chicken Pot Pie * Pies - Pot Pies- Easy - Yummy--*
1 hr 30 mins
YEAH!! -- MY FIRST POST -- :O) This recipe was originally from Williams Sonoma... it now has my finishing touches... We can't get enough of this!! Good for leftover veggies and meat. P.s. Since the little one doesn't like some veggies, I mince them so we don't lose the flavor :O)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, sliced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoons shallots, minced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh peas (or frozen)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, diced
- 1 1/2 cups idaho potatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed and cut into 4 6-inch squares
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 1 teaspoon water
- sea salt & fresh black pepper, to taste
- cornstarch, to thicken, if necessary
- 1Preheat an oven to 400ºF.
- 2In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- 3Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture smells fragrant and nutty, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 4Slowly add the broth, whisking until smooth, and bring to a boil.
- 5Add the thyme, bay leaf, shallot, celery, carrots, mushroom, peas, potatoes, and chicken.
- 6Sea salt and pepper (to taste).
- 7Simmer, covered until the potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- 8Thicken with cornstarch if necessary.
- 9Remove bay leaf and discard.
- 10Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- 11Add heavy cream.
- 12Divide the filling among 4 ovenproof ramekins (1.5 cup/.35 lt) and place on a baking sheet.
- 13Brush the puff pastry squares with the egg mixture.
- 14Brush the rims of the bowls with water.
- 15Place 1 pastry square on top of each bowl, pressing lightly on the edges.
- 16Bake until the pastry is puffed and golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- 17Remove from oven.
- 18Let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. Serves 4.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for *-- Creamy Chicken Pot Pie * Pies - Pot Pies- Easy - Yummy--*
Serving Size: 1 (567 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 915.8
- Calories from Fat 575
- Total Fat 63.8 g
- Saturated Fat 29.1 g
- Cholesterol 194.0 mg
- Sodium 1012.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 29.4 g