Recipe by Abi Fae
This amazing Spice Company is at my local Farmer's Market: http://www.frombeginningtoendfoods.com/ ... I bought his Bacon Chive Dip and made a chicken pot pie with it. So this recipe stars the dip :) PLEASE let me know if any measurements seem really off. I never measure and forgot to pay enough attention.
- 1 lb chicken, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup baby carrots
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 2 yams
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 packet bacon chive dip mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the bacon until well done and crumble. Set bacon aside and cook the chicken in the bacon grease.
- Add cooked meat to crock pot.
- Caramelized the onion and garlic together in butter. I keep my onion in fairly large pieces, just bigger than a dice. And I garlic press the cloves. Once cooked, add to the meat in the crock pot.
- Add in the carrots and 1 cup chicken broth and cook on low for 2 hours. Add more broth if needed, but this is supposed to end up thick.
- Add the cranberries, cream cheese and bacon dip and let cook for about an hour. Finally, add the peas and turn off the heat.
- Meanwhile, dice and boil the yams. Mash them and let them cool. Add the shredded cheese and mix well.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into pie pans. Sprinkle with bacon and top with the yam mixture. Have a couple extra yams on hand in case it isn't enough! It depends on how deep your pies end up, how much topping they need.
- This makes one deep pie or two smaller.
- Bake at 350 until yams begin to brown, about 30-40 minutes.
- If you are making these ahead, don't bake them. Just put the ingredients into freezable pans and cover with saran wrap and then tin foil. I have 8 in my freezer waiting for me!