4 hrs 30 mins
Abi Fae's Note:
This amazing Spice Company is at my local Farmer's Market: http://www.frombeginningtoendfoods.com/ ... I bought his Bacon Chive Dip and made a chicken pot pie with it. So this recipe stars the dip :) PLEASE let me know if any measurements seem really off. I never measure and forgot to pay enough attention.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the bacon until well done and crumble. Set bacon aside and cook the chicken in the bacon grease.
- 2Add cooked meat to crock pot.
- 3Caramelized the onion and garlic together in butter. I keep my onion in fairly large pieces, just bigger than a dice. And I garlic press the cloves. Once cooked, add to the meat in the crock pot.
- 4Add in the carrots and 1 cup chicken broth and cook on low for 2 hours. Add more broth if needed, but this is supposed to end up thick.
- 5Add the cranberries, cream cheese and bacon dip and let cook for about an hour. Finally, add the peas and turn off the heat.
- 6Meanwhile, dice and boil the yams. Mash them and let them cool. Add the shredded cheese and mix well.
- 7Spoon the chicken mixture into pie pans. Sprinkle with bacon and top with the yam mixture. Have a couple extra yams on hand in case it isn't enough! It depends on how deep your pies end up, how much topping they need.
- 8This makes one deep pie or two smaller.
- 9Bake at 350 until yams begin to brown, about 30-40 minutes.
- 10If you are making these ahead, don't bake them. Just put the ingredients into freezable pans and cover with saran wrap and then tin foil. I have 8 in my freezer waiting for me!
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 975.7
- Calories from Fat 646
- Total Fat 71.7 g
- Saturated Fat 33.6 g
- Cholesterol 194.2 mg
- Sodium 1368.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 34.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: