Recipe by Julesong
This recipe is an adopted one and needs editing. Until then, please do not rate it, thanks.
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup frozen English peas, thawed or 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted red peppers or 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 large carrot
- 1 small onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water, chicken, carrot, and sliced onion in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from broth; let cool and cut meat into 1" pieces, then set aside.
- Strain broth, reserving 3/4 cup.
- Melt the olive oil and butter together in a large nonstick skillet, then add chopped onion, and saute until tender.
- Gradually add 1/4 cup flour and tarragon, stirring constantly, a cook until just beginning to brown.
- Gradually stir in 3/4 cup milk, yogurt, wine, and reserved 3/4 cup chicken broth.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in peas, roasted red pepper or pimento, and reserved chicken; set aside, and keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine remaining 1 cup flour and salt, stirring well.
- Add eggs and remaining 1 cup milk; beat with a wire whisk until well blended.
- Spoon mixture evenly into six 6-oz buttered or oiled custard cups.
- Place 4" apart on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Break open each popover, spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture over each, and serve immediately.
- (An adopted recipe - cook and prep times estimated).