Recipe by cstsmiles
Yummy way to utilize leftover chicken
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I most always have both shredded & diced chicken breasts in the freezer so used added some of the diced stuff after slightly sauteeing the onions & garlic, & following the recipe after that! These are wonderfully flavorful little chicken delights & well-worth making again! Thanks for the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 small chicken breasts, diced
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken with the onions and garlic.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and 1 tablespoon melted butter until smooth. Stir in the cooked chicken, onions and garlic. Add the salts, pepper and milk. Mix well.
- Separate the crescent roll dough into the eight triangles. Dollop a tablespoon of filling into the center of each triangle and fold the corners up to seal. Press and seal firmly. Place on ungreased baking sheet or stone and repeat with the remaining dough and filling. Brush the tops with the melted butter and sprinkle with the bread crumbs (optional).
- Bake for 11 – 13 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Recipe Note: To heat up leftovers, bake in a preheated 350F oven for 10 minutes.