Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an awesome dish - boneless chicken strips cooked in a creamy pesto parmesan sauce and served over linguine.
- 1 lb linguine, cooked to package directions
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- 3 cups half-and-half (or heavy cream)
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Saute onion and garlic in oil in skillet.
- Season chicken strips with garlic powder and black pepper and add to skillet with onion/garlic mixture.
- When chicken is done, stir in pesto sauce, then add cream and parmesan cheese.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Drain cooked linguine and serve chicken and sauce over top.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
I decided to try this because it was easy and I had some home made basil pesto I needed to use. This dish was AWESOME! Easy and what flavor! I followed the recipe exactly as stated and I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for posting this!
This is amazing Marie! Like it says, it's so creamy! I've never had pesto before, and wasn't sure I'd even like it, but it's wonderful!I followed the directions exactly, and wouldn't change a thing. Thanks so much!
Very good meal; I kept on feeling like I should be at a restaurant, instead of just in my own kitchen. My husband and I are planning to leave out the chicken next time, for a vegetarian dish; the chicken was good, but we think it would be as good without it. Also, these are very generous portions (which are a good thing); we both ate to our fill, along with our two year old daughter, and there is still extra sauce left (we made 2 servings worth only). update: a year later, we make this recipe ALL the time, and absolutely love it! It's so fast and easy.