Recipe by TXOLDHAM
You can play with the amount of pequin to adjust the heat to your family's taste. Any kind of mushroom will work in this dish. Another Taos restaurant recipe I want to save. Times do not include cooking the pasta.
- 3 tablespoons butter, clarified
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento, sliced
- 1⁄4 black olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes (Pequin)
- 1⁄3 cup marsala
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb linguine, cooked al dente
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat clarified butter in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken pieces and saute for 2 to 3 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- Add mushrooms, pimientos, olives, garlic and pequin. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add the Marsala and deglaze the pan. Cook the sauce for 1 minute.
- Add the heavy cream and stir. Cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Serve the sauce over the linguini. Sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese and green onions.