Recipe by Abby Girl
We all seem to be busier these days, so here is a dinner than could be done in less than 20 minutes. I always have cooked chicken in my freezer (Poached Chicken Breast #286497) and cream cheese in my fridge. Any veggie could be used instead of the red pepper
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons stuffed green olives (or black)
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup milk (or more if needed)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot of boiling water, cook pasta until al dente.
- In a skillet, add olive oil and sauce red pepper until partially cooked. Melt the cream cheese and add the milk. Add the cooked chicken and heat until warmed through. Add more milk if needed at this time.
- Combine the cooked pasta, creamed chicken mixture and the parmesan cheese, olives, rosemary. Check seasoning and addjust.
- Variations: Use a cooked chicken from the deli. Use a combination of or different flavors of cream cheese. Steamed broccoli, asparagus, green beans could be used instead of the red pepper.