Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a delicious meal that can be modified by adding different vegetables to suit your taste. It's great hot or cold and is particularly good for work lunch. For a lower fat version, use light reduced milk.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 small leek, sliced
- 500 g chicken breasts, chopped
- 125 g cherry tomatoes, whole
- 250 g broccoli, lightly steamed
- 125 ml dry white wine
- 125 ml fresh cream
- 250 g penne, cooked
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- In a medium frypan, saute garlic and leek in oil until soft.
- Add chicken breast pieces and cook until brown.
- Add cherry tomatoes and saute until tomatoes have collapsed.
- Add steamed broccoli, white wine and cream then simmer for approximately 5 minutes until cream is still runny but reduced slightly (coats back of wooden spoon).
- Mix in cooked penne and serve topped with parmesan.