1/1 Photo of Creamy Chicken-pasta Soup
Sugar snap peas add crunch to this comforting soup. The J. Alexander's Restaurant in Troy , MI uses penne pasta, but macaroni would also work well. rich and creamy, and full of goodies!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup shredded carrot (about 2 medium)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 cups chicken stock or 6 cups canned low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenders, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup penne pasta
- 1/4 lb sugar snap pea, halved diagonally
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium heat.
- 2Add mushrooms, celery, carrots and onion.
- 3Cook until celery and onion are tender, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add flour and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 5Gradually mix in chicken stock.
- 6Bring soup to simmer, stirring frequently.
- 7Add half and half and chopped parsley and simmer 5 minutes.
- 8Add chicken tenders and simmer until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- 9(Chicken soup can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate.) Cook penne pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
- 10Drain pasta.
- 11Bring chicken soup to simmer.
- 12Mix in cooked pasta and sugar snap peas and simmer 2 minutes.
- 13Mix in lemon juice; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken-pasta Soup
Serving Size: 1 (546 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.3
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 117.4 mg
- Sodium 581.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 35.2 g