Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love creamy pasta dishes and this one is lower in fat and has fewer calories than traditional ones. The recipe is from Kraft. A serving is 1 1/2 cups each.
- 1 1⁄2 cups multi-grain rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 small bunch broccoli, cut into florets (about 3 cups)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 ounces neufchatel cheese, cubed
- 1 cup 2% milk mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, adding broccoli for the last 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, cook 3 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring frequently.
- Stir in broth; simmer 3 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Add Neufchatel cheese; cook and stir on low heat 1 minute or until melted.
- Stir in 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Drain pasta and broccoli.
- Add to chicken mixture; mix lightly.
- Spoon into 8-inch square baking dish; cover.
- Bake 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, 3 minutes or until melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- A serving is 1 1/2 cups each.