Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A tasty one dish meal from Kraft. They kept it quite light, and it's still creamy and comforting. You can use any shaped pasta and try to go for the high fibre ones. Smart Pasta has the most fibre, but you can use whole wheat or whatever your favourite is. I listed whole wheat so the nutritional count would be better and Zaar doesn't accept Smart Pasta. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat rotini pasta, uncooked
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup light cream cheese spread
- 3⁄4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 2 tablespoons lowfat parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 350°F Cook pasta as per package directions, adding broccoli for the last 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat large nonstick frying pan on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring frequently. Stir in broth; simmer 3 minutes or until chicken is done. Add cream cheese; cook and stir on low heat 1 minute or until melted. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Drain pasta and broccoli. Add to chicken mixture; mix lightly. Spoon into 8 inch square baking dish; cover.
- Bake 15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 3 minutes or until melted. Let stand 5 minutes.
This is a tasty, quick meal; perfect for a weeknight! I used 2 cups of leftover chicken instead of cooking fresh, and just simmered the broth to warm it before adding the cream cheese. Then I threw everything in with the pasta/broccoli. I really loved the basis of the sauce, but I loved it even more after I kicked it up a notch with some garlic powder, black pepper, and salt. I might add a bit more broth next time as mine came out a bit dry, but this is likely because DH forgot to pull it out of the oven on time LOL! Thanks for a yummy keeper, Nif! Made for Went to Market tag.
Very easy to make and so delicious. BF said this is a keeper.