Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great one-dish skillet meal.
- 8 ounces penne
- 3 small carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- nutmeg, pinch
- Cook penne in boiling salted water for 12 minutes.
- Add carrots, broccoli and zucchini for last 4 minutes of cooking pasta time.
- Add peas during the last minute.
- Drain; transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with 1/4 t salt and 1/8 t of the black pepper.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook 8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add cream, cheese, the remaining 1/4 t salt and 1/8 t pepper and nutmeg to skillet.
- Boil for 2 minutes, until thick.
- Toss with pasta and vegetables.
Yet one more fabulous pasta dish presented by Lainey! Loved all the veggies in this. Only slight change was I used snow peas instead of regular peas just for fun! This would be wonderful even without the chicken for a meatless dinner! Loved it completely! Thanks Lainey for sharing in Gimme Five tag game.
I love this! It's really my kind of dinner, easy to make and you put it in a bowl and it's ready. Add to that the fact that it's yummy and not all that bad health wise if you replace the cream with some fat free evaporated milk :D. The veggies are great and except for the frozen peas they were organic. Thanks Lanie for another winning dinner recipe. Made for Photo Tag.
Lovely, simple quick and delicious, ideal when you come home from work and would like a good meal with no fuss. Flexible, I didn't have broccoli so added some frozen corn, and also used up some snow peas in this dish. Otherwise, as per recipe, this made a lovely meal that I will definitely make again. Thank you Lainey, I found this recipe in the PRMR tag game.