Recipe by Lainey6605
A great one-dish skillet meal.
Top Review by HokiesMom
Yet one more fabulous pasta dish presented by Lainey! Loved all the veggies in this. Only slight change was I used snow peas instead of regular peas just for fun! This would be wonderful even without the chicken for a meatless dinner! Loved it completely! Thanks Lainey for sharing in Gimme Five tag game.
- 8 ounces penne
- 3 small carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- nutmeg, pinch
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook penne in boiling salted water for 12 minutes.
- Add carrots, broccoli and zucchini for last 4 minutes of cooking pasta time.
- Add peas during the last minute.
- Drain; transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with 1/4 t salt and 1/8 t of the black pepper.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook 8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add cream, cheese, the remaining 1/4 t salt and 1/8 t pepper and nutmeg to skillet.
- Boil for 2 minutes, until thick.
- Toss with pasta and vegetables.