Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
adapted from another recipe.
- 2 chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can chopped tomato
- 1 onion
- 1⁄2 cup single cream
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper (to season)
- any pasta (amount as required)
- chop and fry onion in oil for a few mins.
- Add chicken and garlic and season, cook for about 10 mins over medium heat.
- Add all spices and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add tin of tomatoes stir and cook on low heat until chicken cooked for about 15-20 minutes.
- add cream and heat through for a few mins.
- serve on chosen pasta.
Loved it; was thinking what to do with chicken breasts and the only thing left in the fridge, cream til I did the grocery shop. This receipe was great; I didnt have onion or basil or chilli powder; but I subsituted for chives, spinach leaves, cajun spice and a can of tomatoes with chilli and parsley; it was lovely! It was however very runny, so next time i might add an egg or cook it a tad longer. Thanks for the receipe, great amount of flavour; next time I will do it my way, I dont think onion would suit the other flavours.
This recipe was delicious and so easy to make! I sauteed the onion and garlic together in step #1, since this is what I usually do. Instead of a can of tomatoes I used an 8 oz can of tomato sauce, since it's what I had on hand. In step 5 I added a couple of splashes (2 tablespoons?) of half-and-half, since I thought 1/2 cup of cream would add too much fat (and half and half is what I had on hand).