Recipe by Jackiemumof3
Good comfort/company food. It has a hint of curry that you can 'hot' up if that is what you like by adding more curry powder.
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 cups of mixed frozen peas and corn
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoon Madras curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of thickened cream
- salt and black pepper
- 3 cups pasta (your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta as directed on package, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil on medium in a large skillet/pan. Add chicken, onion and pepper. Fry until chicken is browned on all sides and the onion and pepper has softened.
- Add the flour, curry powder, all the spices and the garlic stirring all the time until the juices are soaked up.
- Gradually add the chicken stock a little at a time stirring well. season with salt and pepper. put a lid on and simmer gently for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the cream. Stir in the frozen vegetables and add the cooked pasta a bit at a time (for your own taste).
- Return to a low heat to warm through. Serve with garlic bread and salad of your choice.