1/1 Photo of Creamy Chicken Paprikash
From "The South Beach Diet Cook Book" c. 2004 Probably one of the best-known ways to prepare chicken, this phase 2 dish is deeply rooted in Eastern European tradition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare linguine as directed. Drain and cover to keep warm.
- 2Meanwhile, sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- 3Heat a large, non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- 4Add the chicken and cook, stirring, for 7-8 minutes or until the pieces begin to brown.
- 5Remove to a plate and set aside.
- 6Add onion, garlic, and 3 tablespoons of the broth to the skillet.
- 7Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. (Add more broth if necessary to prevent sticking.).
- 8Stir in paprika and cook for 1 minute.
- 9Stir in remaining broth. Then add chicken and broccoli. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- 10Stir in the sour cream.
- 11Cook, stirring, over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through. (Do not boil.).
- 12Serve over Linguine.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken Paprikash
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.6
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 81.2 mg
- Sodium 627.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 38.7 g