Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From "The South Beach Diet Cook Book" c. 2004 Probably one of the best-known ways to prepare chicken, this phase 2 dish is deeply rooted in Eastern European tradition.
- Prepare linguine as directed. Drain and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large, non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring, for 7-8 minutes or until the pieces begin to brown.
- Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, and 3 tablespoons of the broth to the skillet.
- Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. (Add more broth if necessary to prevent sticking.).
- Stir in paprika and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining broth. Then add chicken and broccoli. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the sour cream.
- Cook, stirring, over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through. (Do not boil.).
- Serve over Linguine.
So yummy! Followed the recipe exactly and it turned out great :) The family gave it two very enthusiastic thumbs up!