Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Quick and easy dinner made with Swanson Chunk Chicken
Make and share this Creamy Chicken Orzo Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) canswanson premium chunk chicken, drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Swanson chicken broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup condensed cream of chicken soup
- In a large pot over medium heat, saute the vegetables in olive oil for about 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Add the drained can of chicken and stir.
- Season the chicken and vegetables with salt and pepper. Stir.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the chicken broth plus 2 cans of warm water and stir.
- Allow the soup to simmer for 15 minutes then add the uncooked pasta and seasoning. Stir.
- Let the soup simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the condensed soup, stir until the broth is creamy and serve.