Recipe by Charmie777
This tetrazzini is made extra creamy by using cream cheese!!! I love this with leftover turkey from the holidays!
Top Review by janet.mlr
To die for delicious. I just cook for me, so I used a 9 x 6-1/4 casserole dish. I winged it with amounts. One thing I don't think it needed with the larger baking dish was 1/2 cup of flour. I only used 2 tbsp (whole wheat) and mine thickened perfectly. I think 3 Tbsp. would have worked perfectly for the 9 x 12. Along with the whole wheat flour, I used no salt added stock (16 oz.), a little dry white wine (I use vermouth), and added more pepper, a little fresh parsley and dried tarragon, and I used whole wheat linguine. Can't wait to have it again tonight. This will be my go-to recipe for tetrazzini from now on.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces mushrooms, drained
- 7 -10 ounces spaghetti, cooked
- 1 -2 cup chopped cooked chicken or 1 -2 cup cooked turkey
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and stir onion and celery in butter in a large skillet on medium heat until tender.
- Add broth, cream cheese and 1/2 cup parmesan.
- Cook on low heat until cream cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Add all remaining ingredients except 1/4 cup parmesan.
- Mix lightly.
- Transfer to 13x9 inch baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup parmesan.
- Bake at 350º for 30 minutes.