Recipe by Nasseh
I made this soup using leftover turkey from Easter. Frozen vegetables could be added while simmering the noodles.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cooked skinless chicken breasts or 2 cups cooked turkey breast, chopped
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chredded colby-monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a large pot then add the broth, milk, spices, & bay leaves.
- Cut the cream cheese into small squares then add them to the pot along with the parmesan & chicken (or turkey).
- Stir in the noodles & simmer for 10-12 minutes. Mix the cornstarch with a little water then stir into the pot.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until the soup thickens. Add the cheese then stir until melted.