Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
So easy, so good and the aroma will excite your taste buds. Serve with a salad and some crusty bread. Enjoy! The potato flakes you add at the end is what makes it creamy. Try this recipe with cubed pork loin to replace chicken.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 cup olive, cut in half
- 3 lbs skinless chicken pieces
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid gravy browner
- 1⁄4 cup instant mashed potatoes
- Place all the ingredients in slow cooker except chicken and instant potatoes.
- Stir together to combine.
- Add chicken and push into in the juice.
- Cook at High for 5 hours or at Low for longer.
- When it is cooked remove some of the juice and mix with the instant potatoes.
- Slowly blend this in the chicken cacciatore. Let cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve on your choice of pasta.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- If you are making it with pork, brown it before adding to other ingredients.
In truth, I couldn't call this creamy but that is absolutely fine by me. I'll admit to forgetting the potato flakes so mine was really thin but the flavor is grand. I love all the fresh veggies in it. I used veggie pasta with it. The 5 1/2 hrs in the crock pot on high yielded incredibly tender chicken and still firm veggies. I really love this healthy and tasty dish. Made for ZWT4.