Recipe by Sage
So easy, so good and the aroma will excite your taste buds. Serve with a salad and some crusty bread. Enjoy! The potato flakes you add at the end is what makes it creamy. Try this recipe with cubed pork loin to replace chicken.
Top Review by Annacia
In truth, I couldn't call this creamy but that is absolutely fine by me. I'll admit to forgetting the potato flakes so mine was really thin but the flavor is grand. I love all the fresh veggies in it. I used veggie pasta with it. The 5 1/2 hrs in the crock pot on high yielded incredibly tender chicken and still firm veggies. I really love this healthy and tasty dish. Made for ZWT4.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 cup olive, cut in half
- 3 lbs skinless chicken pieces
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid gravy browner
- 1⁄4 cup instant mashed potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the ingredients in slow cooker except chicken and instant potatoes.
- Stir together to combine.
- Add chicken and push into in the juice.
- Cook at High for 5 hours or at Low for longer.
- When it is cooked remove some of the juice and mix with the instant potatoes.
- Slowly blend this in the chicken cacciatore. Let cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve on your choice of pasta.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- If you are making it with pork, brown it before adding to other ingredients.