Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious and very easy.
Make and share this Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 -6 celery ribs, diced
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine pasta, broken into 2 inch pieces
- 6 medium carrots, diced
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (8 oz.)
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add onion and celery and saute until tender.
- Stir in chicken and next nine ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes.
- Stir in milk and return to a simmer.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- If you like a thinner soup add more milk or water as desired.
Made this last night for sick husband and he loved it. I made only a few minor changes - used low sodium soups and used 2 cups milk and 2 cups half & half. It was so creamy and delicious. Having the leftovers for lunch today. Thanks!
Made this last night and it was EXCELLENT! I used chicken boullion for the poultry seasoning and didn't use carrots (didn't have) and saw no reason to add the cheese b/c it was very thick and creamy without. I love the extra hint of flavor from the lemon zest. Was very soothing and fresh tasting. I will use this recipe when I want a very creamy soup! THANKS-
This was awesome. I left out the onion (family doesn't like), I didn't have lemon zest, and I left out the cheese because I didn't think it needed it. I tasted it before I added the milk and was afraid that it was going to be too peppery but the milk seemed to cut the black pepper heat quite a bit. This would also be really good without the milk, but I would cut back on the black pepper if I left out the milk. Will definitely make again.