I wasn't feeling too well today and needed something simple, hearty and warm to perk me up and this is what I came up with! It's nice and creamy - a nice change from regular chicken noodle soup
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 large chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/2 cups noodles or 1 1/2 cups pasta, of your choice (I use egg noodles)
- 1 1/2-2 cups diced vegetables (carrots, green beans, potatoes, rutabaga, onion, garlic, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning, of your choice (I like a mixture of parsley, basil, sage, and rosemary)
- 2 -4 bouillon cubes (to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 1Mix the softened butter and flour together thoroughly and set aside.
- 2Dice the chicken breast fairly small and brown in a dutch oven over medium high heat using the 2 tbs of oil or butter.
- 3Remove the chicken and set aside.
- 4Add the vegetables to the dutch oven and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- 5Add the water, milk, and boullion cubes and bring to a rolling boil.
- 6When the liquid comes to a boil, add the noodles and simmer over medium heat until the noodles and vegetables are almost tender.
- 7Add the chicken back to the pot along with the seasonings.
- 8Take a half cup or so of the hot liquid and add it to the flour/butter mixture and mix thoroughly.
- 9Add the mixture back to the pot, stirring constantly.
- 10Simmer for 5 more minutes or so until the soup is thickened to your liking.
- 11Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with crusty Italian bread.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.4
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 82.9 mg
- Sodium 498.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 14.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: