Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Easy and so good, cooked turkey may be used instead of the chicken, adjust the cayenne to suit heat level :)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning (or to taste)
- 2 celery ribs, finely diced
- 2 carrots (peeled and diced)
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted (one more can won't hurt)
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 -4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- cooked egg noodles (use as much as desired)
- grated parmesan cheese or grated cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in onion and saute for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in garlic, cayenne and poultry seaasoning, celery and carrots; cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in all remaining ingredients except the cooked egg noodles and cheese.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Add in cooked egg noodles and heat through.
- Ladle into bowls and top with Parmesan or cheddar cheese.
Very good! I just used 2% milk, as that is what I had on hand, and added cornstarch to thicken it. I added smoked cheddar on top, and it was delicious. Definitely a keeper!
This soup is just wonderful. It has a rich, creamy broth and just the right amount of spices. I topped each serving with some cheddar cheese and it was a nice touch. I think that the parmesan would also be good with it as well. I will definitely be using this recipe again. Thanks for another great recipe, Kittencal.