Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From Semi-homemade cooking 2 Tastes just like Campbell's Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup used to.
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 4 (14 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom & garlic soup
- 2 teaspoons fines herbes
- 2 cups egg noodles
- salt and pepper
- Remove skin from chicken and shred meat from bone. Place chicken, onion, celery and carrots in a 3 1/2 to 4- quart slow cooker. Stir in broth, soups and fines herbes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours.
- When soup is done, stir in cooked egg noodles and heat through. Adjust seasonings and serve.
We loved the soup!!! Made it with one less can of broth because I am watching my sodium intake and my hubby loves thick soup! Used the little mini egg noodles and it was wonderful. Thank you!!
A very good and simple chicken noodle soup. This creamy version is tasty and flavorful. Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC Fall 2009.