Recipe by koeksister
This comforting soup is excellent for a cold winter's night. I usually make it with pasta shells. It's a very filling soup and all you need with it is a fresh, crusty bread. I found the recipe in a South African magazine.
- 15 ml oil
- 15 ml butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 big carrots, peeled and cubed
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 250 g mushrooms, chopped
- 100 g raw pasta
- 1 1⁄2 liters campbell's chicken broth
- 250 g cooked chicken, chopped (white meat)
- fresh parsley
- finely grated lemon peel
- lemon juice
- 250 ml cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt oil and butter over low heat and saute the onion, carrot and celery until tender.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and saute until done.
- Add chicken broth and heat until boiling. Add pasta and cook until done.
- Add chicken and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Flavour to your taste with salt, pepper, parsley, lemon peel and juice.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cream.