Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was passed down from a cyber friend. It is so warm and wonderful on a cold rainy day. Give it a try. I think you will like it.
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 8 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups of cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup sour cream
- Bring 2 quarts of water and bouillon cubes to a boil.
- Add noodles and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes. DO NOT DRAIN!
- Add cubed chicken and cream of chicken soup. Stir and allow to boil again.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
Very good, even though I did receive mixed reviews on the addition of the sour cream. The consensus was to make it again, but to serve the sour cream on the side for those people who wanted to add it to the soup. This was very fast to make using leftover roast chicken. Made for Fall 2012 Pick A Chef.
I usually halve this when I make it. I use low-fat sour cream and I generally substitute fettucini--snapped into thirds--in place of the egg noodles. Sometimes I add a bit of garlic powder and/or dried tarragon.
Used 98% fat free soup & fat free sour cream. It was still delicious. My husband says a "keeper. I think next time we'll try thin egg noodles, they wouldn't stay on our spoons!