Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a "kid pleasing" recipe that will help them eat their veggies! This recipe comes from a resource at my local grocery store.
- 12 ounces egg noodles, dumpling or ribbon-style
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, cooked and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup frozen broccoli
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of broccoli soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat butter in medium saucepan. Saute onions until transparent, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken, vegetables, soups, milk, and seasonings. Cook over medium heat until broccoli is tender.
- Add cooked egg noodles and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Spread into a greased 9 x 12 baking dish. Cover.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Top with cheese and bake an additional 10 minutes.