D. Todd Miller's Note:
This is a "kid pleasing" recipe that will help them eat their veggies! This recipe comes from a resource at my local grocery store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces egg noodles, dumpling or ribbon-style
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, cooked and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup frozen broccoli
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of broccoli soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- 2Heat butter in medium saucepan. Saute onions until transparent, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- 3Add chicken, vegetables, soups, milk, and seasonings. Cook over medium heat until broccoli is tender.
- 4Add cooked egg noodles and mix until thoroughly blended.
- 5Spread into a greased 9 x 12 baking dish. Cover.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- 7Top with cheese and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.6
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 128.6 mg
- Sodium 850.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 29.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
condensed cream of broccoli soup