Recipe by FCR Gal
I got this recipe off a bag of egg noodles. I typically assemble the casserole in advance and have kept it in my freezer for 1-2 months. You may want to add some additional salt and pepper to taste.
Top Review by tiggerser
I made this dish once before off the bag of noodles it was as the other reviewers stated, bland! I followed their advice this time and added onions (lightly sauteed), italian seasonings, 3/4 cup peas, 1/2 c corn and that helped bring it from boring to better. The italian seasonings definitely help give it more pizzaz so thanks for that mums the word. If I would have had any mushrooms I would have added those too (if my kid would eat them). I also topped with fresh parmesean cheese. My rating of this recipe will be a three star like those below because it needs so much modification, but it's decently easy given you usually would have the ingredients at hand. I'd prefer something that could just pop in the oven and cook itself rather than all the dishes this one generated cooking/sauteing the various parts of it.
- 0.5 (16 ounce) package egg noodles, uncooked
- 4 cups hot water
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch pepper
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Prepare noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in hot water and reserve.
- In saucepan, melt butter or margarine; stir in flour and seasonings.
- Slowly add reserved water.
- Cook and stir over low heat until thickened.
- Add remaining ingredients and noodles, tossing gently to mix.
- Pour into a greased 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.