Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is something I just threw together that turned out pretty good.
- 1 lb egg noodles
- 12 1⁄2 ounces canned chicken
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, chopped
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2-1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Pre Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil noodles 9 min in water with carrots & onions. Drain & add butter cook until melted. Add other ingredients.
- Put in 13x9 in pant; top with cheese; heat through. Approx 20 minute.
We really enjoyed this but I did change it up a bit. I didn't use the onions and carrots but added 1/2 cup of peas. I also didn't add the sour cream. I cooked one pound of noodles but didn't use them as all as I was afraid the mixture would be too dry. I also added 1/2 teaspoon of pepper and used a combination of cheddar and mozz cheese. I didn't use the butter either and made this all in one pot and didn't cook it in the oven. We all enjoyed the flavors in this.
Great dish that everyone in the family loved, thanks, we will be making this one a lot :)
Very yummy comfort food and it was easy to make! I used Rotini as that is what I had open. The chicken came from a roasted chicken I bought at the store, 12 ounces is about 2 cups. The carrot and onion I chopped fine. I did not cook them as I did not want to lose any flavor so I added these in at mixing time. The cream of soups were the Healthy Request brands. I could have made this even healthier by using skim milk, fat free or lite sour cream but did not want to lose all the flavor. I will make this one again! I adopted this chef for the *Spring PAC 2008* game