Super quick dinner that seems like it took so much longer!
Make and share this Creamy Chicken Mushroom Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pinch dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 2 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, saute mushrooms, onion, celery, and carrot in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour until blended. Add broth and seasonings, mix well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Stir in cream, chicken, parsley, lemon juice and salt. Heat 5 more minutes on low heat.